We are the first to admit that since we live in fabulous Florida, there isn’t really an “off” season. Our weather is so great that we can take a refreshing dip in the pool almost any day of the year. That being said, it is the muggy summer months when our bodies crave being enveloped by the cool waters. The winter months are a great time to take advantage of Grand Slam Pool’s repair and upgrade services. Some people choose to close their pools in the winter, while others keep them open, especially those who have the option of turning on a heating unit. In this week’s blog, we’ll look at issues that pool owners who want to close their pool can face and some upgrade possibilities that you can get over the winter.
Let Us Close Your Pool For You
- If you know you don’t use your pool that much in the winter, you may choose to close it for the season. Grand Slam Pools can do this for you and more!
- We will clean the pool thoroughly, balance the chemicals, lower the water level, add winter chemicals, blow out the lines, and plug the lines to keep water from re-entering, which makes them susceptible to breakage from freezing temperatures.
If You Use a Pool Cover
- Make sure your pool cover remains clear of debris. Keeping the cover clean will make it easier to eliminate when it is removed in the spring, and it will keep it looking great. Feel free to call us out for this chore during the winter months.
- Walk around your pool periodically to make sure that the cover is still secure. Wind, weather, and curious critters can displace the cover and let dirt get into your pool. Call us out to put it back into place if you see it has come loose or the water weight has fallen into the pool. It’s not a bad idea to check the water level in your pool periodically to see if you are losing water, which may be an indication of a leak.
Winter Time is the Perfect Time for Repairs and Upgrades
- When you are not using your pool is the perfect time to take advantage of all the other great services that Grand Slam Pools offers! We offer repairs, maintenance, and upgrades that will take your pool to next level of luxury.
- If you suspect that your pump is on its last legs, or that you may have a leak somewhere in the system, now is the time to call us out and get it repaired. We’ll have your pool up and running long before the summer heat descends.
Get a Fresh Start with Pressure Cleaning
- If you are moving into a home where the pool had been neglected, or you got behind on the never-ending job of skimming and balancing chemicals, call us out and we can drain the pool and pressure wash it. This may sound like a job you can handle on your own, but if a pool is not drained properly you can end up with a cracked pool and then your trouble will really begin.
- We know how to properly drain and clean the pool to give you a fresh start with your pool. Be sure to sign up for our pool maintenance program, so you don’t have to spend another minute worrying about finding time and energy to clean your pool.
Upgrades to Make Your Pool Amazing!
Let Grand Slam Pools install an automation system to make your pool not only run automatically but also to add features that will make your pool stand out from the crowd.
- Pool extras can include wireless controls, lighting effects, and water features, such as a water jet show which includes colors for spectacular, night-time effects.
- We carry Intellitouch® systems which are some of the best in the business.
Salt Water Systems
- One of the great benefits of a salt water pool is that the system includes a part called a chlorine generator. It is thanks to this part that you don’t have to worry about adding chlorine to your pool ever again; your pool will make its own!
- We carry the Intellichlor® part and it is one of the best available.
- This chlorine generator is smart! It has built-in diagnostic capabilities that included a function to tell you what the remaining cell life is, and collects daily performance information, including chlorine output, hours of operation, and water temperature averages.
- Even in Florida, a heating system can be a great thing to have to extend the use of your pool. A heating system can make it possible to use your pool all year long. We give free estimates for heating systems, so call Grand Slam Pools today and get started!
- A heating system will be loved by one and all when the nighttime temperatures dip into the 50s, as they do in the winter, and you can take a warm dip in your pool. Visiting friends and family from up north will think you live in the lap of luxury when you can offer them night swimming in February!
Call today to learn more!